The Grovedale College e-learning program is an innovative and well established program provided to engage and challenge students.
Grovedale College Council has made a decision to offer all students Years 7-12 in 2021 the opportunity to purchase a Microsoft Surface Go or Lenovo Laptop as the College recommended device. This device will be used in classes throughout the College and is a recommended tool for student learning at Grovedale College. Below are two options for parents in purchasing the Microsoft Surface Go, or Lenovo Laptop device for use in 2021.
- Purchase the Microsoft Surface Go or Lenovo Laptop through the JB HIFI portal – Recommended by the College
- This option allows parents to purchase a Microsoft Surface Go or Lenovo Laptop device from the JB HIFI education portal.
- Genuine Microsoft accessories may also be purchased through the portal.
- Added insurance can be purchased through the portal.
- The College, through the portal will support manufacturing warranties and any device repairs will be supported on site.
- Full College network support will be provided.
Please log onto the JB HI FI Website for further details and to place your order:
School Code: GC2021
- Purchase a Microsoft Surface Go or Windows Laptop – Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
BYOD Microsoft Go devices must have Windows 10 Pro version installed prior to bringing them to the College. The Windows 10 Home or S versions are not compatible with the College network. Laptops do not require this prior installation.
Apple products are NOT recommended as the networking and imaging of these devices cannot be guaranteed. They are not compatible with our network.
- This option allows parents to purchase a Microsoft Surface Go or Laptop from an independent retailer and the student will BYOD to the College in Term 1.
- The College does not support manufacturing warranties and any device repairs are the responsibility of the parent. No warranty or repair support will occur at the College.
- An additional BYOD form needs to be completed by the parent.
- Full College network support will be provided if possible.
The e-learning program allows students to be exposed to a wide range of learning experiences. It allows students to develop their communication, organisational, ICT and higher order thinking skills, and caters for a range of learning styles. All devices are wireless, allowing easy access to the internet for research and class work at any time.
Students also recieve technical support for any hardware or software issues from the ICT at the College.